Newly Released Albertosaurus Canvas Prints available – Portion of proceeds to benefit your museum.
- Holiday Hours at the Museum:
12/24 Christmas Eve 10:00am - 2:00pm
12/25 Christmas Day - CLOSED
1/01 New YEars Day - CLOSED
- December 20-January 4: Take a Walk with Alaska’s Dinosaurs! Come experience Alaska’s dinosaurs, featuring one of the world’s largest Pterosaurs, hands on crafts and activities for everyone! Drop in.
- Preschool Tinker Time - Beginning September 9, 2013, our Tinker Time preschool program will resume on Mondays from 10:00am-Noon.
- New for education:
Welcome to the 2013-2014 school year! Our 2013-2014 Educator Guide (.PDF) has information on our new workshops, science night activities and outreach. Our science programs cover Pre-K and up!
- Where you in Alaska during the ’64 earthquake? Email your story to us at email@example.com so we can include it in our notebook. We often have museum visitors asking about this historic event and we would like them to be able to read accounts from people who experienced it firsthand.
- See the newest dinosaur painting from James Havens, the Pachyrhinosaurus Perotorum, Alaska’s very own horned dinosaur, while it is being housed at the museum. Coming soon from James Havens, a 26 foot Pterosaur!
- New! Host your event after hours at the Museum for a one of a kind experience! $175/ hour with a maximum capacity of 107. Call to inquire.
- You spoke, we listened. Our workshops are more interactive than ever before, we have expanded our outreach programs and have teacher kits available for rental. Visit our Education page for all of the details.
- Dream with the Dinosaurs! Join the Museum for a sleepover and a night you’ll never forget. There is a minimum of 10 participants
- REMINDER: When planning a visit with young children, please remember to bring socks for the Dino Dig. No bare feet or shoes are allowed in the Dig.
WORRIED ABOUT THE H1N1 VIRUS?
The play areas in the museum are Cloroxed and
Lysoled daily, and Lysol wipes are available throughout the museum. Still
worried? Hand sanitizer is also available.
PARTIES AND EVENTS
Birthday party, Girl Scout meeting, Cub Scout event coming up? Consider holding your kid's event at the museum. Find more information on Birthday Parites.
VISION-IMPAIRED TOURS PROVIDED
The museum can host tours for the vision imparied. Please contact us for details.
WHALING IN THE MUSEUM
Museum volunteer and medical professional Dr. Cindy Shrayer and her husband David have diligently, if not frustratingly, worked for months on a partial skeleton the museum received in boxes last Summer. Now complete and suspended beautifully in the museum, we’ll give you the story behind the scenes.
||The Volcano Simulator
Learn why Alaskan volcanos like Mt. Redoubt generate explosive eruptions. This is your chance to be a super-scientist and create your very own volcano.
Alaska Science Academy