GET INVOLVED! SUPPORT THE MUSEUM!
The Alaska Museum of Science & Nature is located at 201 N. Bragaw. The Museum's educational programs and events, including Science Nights, Alaskan Dinosaurs, Geology, Ice Age Rocks workshops, and many more, are designed to introduce children to the fascinating world of science. We offer an affordable price that allows kids from all areas of Anchorage to enjoy the educational experience of a lifetime. The Museum offers workshops and outreach to area schools through dynamic, interactive, and unique workshops and Science Night activities. With the help of our community the Museum has completed extensive capital renovations. Here's how you can help:
Memberships begin on the date of purchase, and are good for one year from that date unless otherwise noted.
Military Family: $40
Donations & Endowment Fund
You can donate to the Museum for specific purposes:
- Underserved Students Fund - With your help, the Alaska Museum of Science and Nature can bring thousands of underserved, minority, and at-risk students to the Museum for a once in a lifetime hands-on learning experience. These funds will allow schools who otherwise would not be able to afford science field trips to send students and teachers to the Museums. These funds will allow the Museum to provide free admission for any class that wishes to come to the Museum for one of our many hands-on, educational programs.
- Operating Donations: the Museum gives back to our community, give to the Museum and help us keep the lights on and the heat turned up!
- Endowment Funds and Planned Giving: Do you love science? Endow the Museum and help us work to bring science to all Alaskans! Call 907-274-2400 for more information.
- Collections: Have an object you would like to donate? Contact the Executuve Director at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
With your help, we can foster positive community growth and hands-on science education for children and adults! If you would like to directly support the Museum’s educational and exhibit programs and help give thousands of students, children, and Alaskans the scientific experience of a lifetime, then you can make a donation to our Community Support Program. Your contribution will be used for the purpose of funding our exhibit, educational and outreach programs for the community in Anchorage, in Alaska, and for visitors to Alaska.
As a proud member of the Alaskan community, the Museum collaborates with many other organizations to promote education, health, well-being, and Alaskan pride. The Museum strives to serve Alaskans through collaborations with other organizations, including but not limited to:
- Children’s Lunch Box
- Mountain View Street Fair
- Alaska State Science and Engineering Fair
- Beans Café
- Anchorage Kids Promise Day
- Alaska Women in Science
- Free lectures and talks for organizations including the Early Childhood Conferences
- Discounts on museum admission to Hearts and Hands and other organizations
We are now members of the Fred Meyers Community Rewards Program! Support the Alaska Museum of Science and Nature just by shopping at Fred Meyer with your Rewards Card. You are now able to link your Rewards Card to the Alaska Museum of Science and Nature by following the link below!
Whenever you use your Rewards Card when shopping at Freddy’s, you will be helping us earn a donation from Fred Meyer. If you do not have a Rewards Card, you can sign up for one at the Customer Service Desk of any Fred Meyer store.
- The Museum is seeking volunteers to help with our Science Nite Outreach programs. We are looking for science students for two (2) hours to assist in hands on stations. This is fun! Contact Kerri Jackson at 907-274-2400 or email her at email@example.com.
- The Museum is looking for help with our baby mammoth! We will be refurbishing her this year. IF you are handy with a needle and thread call us at 274-2400!